I borrowed a book, or two or three, from the Library, for thirty days, because I got curious how the books defer from the series. Would it still have that much nudity? did the things happened in the series really happened in the book? well, I didnt find out. I went home, start to read and in that moment I realize I cant read the books if I actually saw the movie or the series first. Which is nuts! me reading the book before watching the movie/series first is not a problem, but the other way around? not going to happen. So I started to read the first chapter and I put it down. I can no longer feel the thrill of reading because the series ruined it for me.
It was about a week after that that I have to leave for a week because I'm going to my friend in the city for a holiday. it was nice and awesome and exciting not to be bound by the small area of a small town in which I was living. So I forgot about the books. When I get back I did not return them hoping that I would summon the enthusiasm to read it, I didnt. Instead, I just let it gather dust under my small, soft, single bed and the month have passed on.
And then another.
In the library's policy, one day late is 20 cents. I had three so that would be 60 cents a day. multiply it for, atleast, 40 days. Now do the math since I didnt, afraid of what the outcome would be. Well, ok, I would do it. OMG! 24 dollars? I knew I shouldn't have done it. its all your fault! You made me do it!!!
haha... I have gone nuts for a second. anyway, now i know how much I owe the library. Now I know that I can buy two books of my choosing in the internet. Well, I guess the question is "Should I be an honorable person and pay the fine?"
I am a good person, but I am human too. I have flaws. With that in thought, I try as much as possible to do good. I still do so my answer is Hell No!
Why? I... I just forgot what I was gonna write, tsk, it was awesome too. Well, ok. call me anything you like, you are just a random person over the other side of the world and maybe before you can read this, years have already passed and I finally won the Lotto and paid (and bought) the Library!
Either way, I will pay the Library. Eventually, but not today, or tomorrow. Probably when I'm too desperate. Not gonna happen anytime soon. Sigh. I hope that you will learn from my silly experience. And I hope, without me telling you, that you would understand how I felt and why I regretted it the most. If you did, you must be like me. And then I am glad, you just got a peek inside the silly heart of a silly writer.
No comments:
Post a Comment