Dear Kathleen,
I don't really know how to start. I have so many question and I'm sure you don't have any for me since you just suddenly unfriend me. I know its just Facebook but if you look into it, its the best way to communicate with you and everyone else in the Philippines.
When we are little, you and me are almost twins. We always play together even though our families are always fighting each other. I treasure our friendship more than I should. I ignore your parents insult to my parents and vise versa so I don't have to fight with you too. Jay use to say that she views our friendship like a stone, despite the constant clash we still manage to hold on to whats important. Now I just think Jay saw it in a different way than what it really was. She probably saw me hugging you, not seeing you pushing me.
All these years I think of you and I swear to my self I will bring you here in New Zealand. I even told Jay that when I have a stable job you will be my first target. To pull you out of there and give you a better living over here. But no, I don't think that's happening anymore. What will I have evaporated when you choose to be judgmental like your jealous mother.
I always believed that you are different. I hoped anyway. I hope that you can be open minded when your mother spread false rumors about my family and when your father ordered your brothers to destroy our fence. Still, I cling to my faith in you. When your mother verbally abused my aunt who is living now in our house your eyes are clouded by jealousy, just like the rest of your family, and didn't see the reality.
It was never my intention to make you choose between my family and yours but I just hoped that maybe you don't have to take sides. But what really hurts me the most is that you forgot that I haven't done anything to hurt you. I've done my best to smile and be friendly to your family no matter what they say behind my back just so I can spend time with you. You forgot that I love you and I miss your company dearly. You forgot that all this time I still defend you from the family. But you abandoned me. You left me to fall.
In time I hope that you will realize. I hope that when that time comes its not yet too late.
Love you always,
Me
No comments:
Post a Comment