A few days ago a friend of mine, who I haven't spoken to for a month or so, gave me a call. It was weird because even since she and my brother broke up we hardly ever spoken. I was mostly busy in my job and she was doing her own thing.
I was shock because in those 6 weeks that we haven't spoke she went to Auckland without even telling me. I though "Is this it? Is this the end of our friendship?". For a while it hurts to even think about it so, like every one of my problems, I forget about it. Not by drinking, no sir, instead I surf the internet.
What is even more shocking is the reason for her call. You see, I got stock on that dead end job of mine for almost 3 years now and even before I already keep telling my friends how I hated the job and that if there is anything else better in this small town I would gladly take it. So, when she asked me if I want a new job would I take it. My heart went into an over drive almost immediately. It was like an automatic hammer was set loose in my rib cage and firing nails all over the place.
She didn't tell what it was at first because she wants to know if I was welling. Was I welling? If wasn't inside the supermarket that time I would have jumped all over the apples and oranges. Turns out she went to Auckland not for a holiday but for a training. I was stoke for her since she also have the drowning feeling whenever she thinks about her future, but now she is so happy and optimistic. It was crazy. She is not the brave kind of woman, so was I, but she is a different kind of chicken. She once broke up with her boyfriend because her bf leaves in another city. What was that? Did you say "That's not so hard, why don't she move in with him?" Well, that's where the chicken comes out. She broke up with him because she doesn't want to live in a place where she knows no one. But now, she is traveling from one city to another.
And that's the job that she is offering me. Well, she's not really offering it to me. She just gave my name to her boss so he could call me and arrange an interview. But since then, my heart haven't stopped from hammering. And now, when I think about my future I no longer see the same thing I did today. Instead, I see a me who is a professional and working my ass off but still having a good time. Earns a lot, spends little, can finally afford a house, new car, and wearing clean black suit with blood red top and proud parents to call me from time to time.
So finally, if they ever call me, I would be on top of the world. This is like opportunity slapping me in the face and, with all my might, I would grab it by the nose and bring it home with me because, baby, I would fuck opportunity.
No comments:
Post a Comment